(a) Applications for a manager's registration to work in a sexually oriented business, whether original or a renewal, must be made to the city clerk by the person to whom the registration shall issue. Each application for a manager's registration shall be accompanied by payment of the application fee in full. Application forms shall be supplied by the city clerk. Applications must be submitted to the office of the city clerk or the city clerk's designee during regular working hours. Each applicant shall be required to give the following information on the application form:
(1) The applicant's given name, and any other names by which the applicant is or has been known, including "stage" names and/or aliases;
(2) Age, and date and place of birth;
(3) Height, weight, hair color, and eye color;
(4) Present residence address and telephone number;
(5) Present business address and telephone number;
(6) Date, issuing state, and number of photo driver's license, or other state issued identification card information; and
(7) Proof that the individual is at least 21 years old.
The personal information provided in this subsection shall be confidential, and shall not be disclosed to the public except to the extent required by state or federal law.
(b) Attached to the application form for any registration under this article shall be the following:
(1) A color photograph per passport photo dimension.
(2) The applicant shall submit a set of finger prints collected by a law enforcement agency. Any fees for photographs and fingerprints shall be paid by the applicant.
(i) A statement detailing the registration, license history of the applicant for the five years immediately preceding the date of the filing of the application, including whether such applicant, in this or any other city, county, state, or country, has ever had any registration, license, permit, or authorization to do business denied, revoked, or suspended, or had any professional or vocational license or permit denied, revoked, or suspended. In the event of any such denial, revocation, or suspension, state the name(s) under which the registration was sought and/or issued, the name(s) of the issuing or denying jurisdiction, and describe in full the reason(s) for the denial, revocation, or suspension. A copy of any order of denial, revocation, or suspension shall be attached to the application.
(ii) A statement whether the applicant has been convicted, or is awaiting trial on pending charges, of a "specified criminal activity" as defined in Section 13-351, if so, the "specified criminal activity" involved, the date, place and jurisdiction of each.
(c) Every application for a registration under this article shall contain a statement under oath that:
(1) The applicant has personal knowledge of the information contained in the application, and that the information contained therein and furnished therewith is true and correct; and,
(2) The applicant has read the provisions of this article.
(d) A person commits an offense if he or she is employed by a sexually oriented business without a valid registration issued by the city for that particular classification of business (as set forth in Section 27-403 of this Code).
(e) The applicant must be qualified according to the provisions of this article.
(f) The fact that a person possesses other types of state or county licenses/registration does not exempt him or her from the requirement of obtaining a sexually oriented business registration.
Source: Ord. No. 5727, § 1, 04-19-2021;