Sec. 18-53. Same - Delegated responsibilities.
The trail advisory board shall work with the risk manager, city administrator, mayor and city council in an advisory capacity. The trail advisory board's specific responsibilities may include but not be limited to the following:
(1) Advise the mayor and city council in the development and implementation of trail policies;
(2) Encourage use of the trail system;
(3) Submit trail-related articles to the newspaper or various newsletters;
(4) Assist with public information handouts and arrange for informational booths at area events for dissemination of information to promote community awareness;
(5) Assist in finding and applying for trail grants and in fundraising through public/private partnerships;
(6) Offer input and/or make recommendations for trail projects in the city;
(7) Serve as advocates for trail maintenance projects;
(8) Assist in supplying volunteers for trail projects;
(9) Provide such advice or recommendations as may be specifically requested by the city administrator relative to matters concerning trail projects;
(10) Other duties or responsibilities as may from time to time be assigned by the mayor or city council.
Source: Ord. No. 5263, § 1, 8-19-13; Ord. No. 5334, § 2, 2-2-15