A utility-type vehicle may be operated on streets and highways (excluding state highways) within the corporate limits of the city, in accordance with the following operating requirements:
(1) Operation occurs only between the hours of sunrise and sunset.
(2) The headlight and taillight of the vehicle shall be on.
(3) The vehicle shall be equipped with brake and turn signal lights in good working order.
(4) The vehicle shall be equipped with a bicycle safety flag which extends not less than five feet (5') above the ground attached to the rear of the vehicle, said bicycle safety flag shall be triangular in shape with an area of not less than thirty square inches and shall be day-glow in color.
(5) The total number of persons on the utility-type vehicle, including the operator and all passengers, shall not exceed the seating capacity as designed by the manufacturer of the utility-type vehicle.
(6) The utility-type vehicle shall have a registration plate with validation decal issued by the police division as set forth in Section 24-356 of this Code.
(7) Any person operating a utility-type vehicle as authorized in this section:
a. Shall not operate such vehicle at a speed in excess of thirty miles per hour (30 mph) and shall observe posted speed limits if lower than thirty miles per hour;
b. Shall have a valid Class O operator's license or a farm permit as provided for in Sectin 60-4,126 of the Nebraska Revised Statutes;
c. Shall be eighteen (18) years of age or older;
d. Shall obey all applicable state and local traffic laws, ordinance, and regulations;
e. Shall properly utilize seatbelts and all provided safety equipment in the utility-type vehicle;
f. Shall have liability insurance coverage for the utility-type vehicle while operating the utility-type vehicle on a street or highway; and
g. Shall provide proof of insurance coverage to any peace officer requesting such proof within five (5) days of such request.
Ord. No. 5663, § 2, 5-18-2020;