Sec. 27-364. Overall policy and desired goals for eligible facility and conditional use permits for wireless telecommunications facilities.
In order to ensure that the placement, construction, and modification of wireless telecommunications facilities protects the city’s health, safety, public welfare, environmental features, the nature and character of the community and neighborhood and other aspects of the quality of life specifically listed elsewhere in this article, the city hereby adopts an overall policy with respect to a eligible facility or conditional use permit for wireless telecommunications facilities for the express purpose of achieving the following goals:
(1) Requiring an eligible facility permit or conditional use permit for any new wireless telecommunications facility, as well as for any co-location or modification of a wireless telecommunications facility.
(2) Implementing an application process for person(s) seeking an eligible facility permit or conditional use permit for wireless telecommunications facilities.
(3) Establishing a policy for examining an application for and issuing an eligible facility permit or conditional use permit for wireless telecommunications facilities that is both fair and consistent.
(4) Promoting and encouraging, wherever possible, the sharing and/or co-location of wireless telecommunications facilities among service providers.
(5) Promoting and encouraging, wherever possible, the placement, height and quantity of wireless telecommunications facilities in such a manner, including but not limited to the use of stealth technology, to minimize adverse aesthetic and visual impacts on the land, property, buildings, and other facilities adjacent to, surrounding, and in generally the same area as the requested location of such wireless telecommunications facilities, which shall mean using the least visually and physically intrusive facility that is not technologically or commercially impracticable under the facts and circumstances.
(6) That in granting an eligible facility permit or conditional use permit, the city has found that the facility shall be the most appropriate site as regards to being the least visually intrusive among those available in the city.
Source: Ord. No. 5677, § 2, 08-17-2020;