Sec. 27-405. Location of sexually oriented business.
(a) No sexually oriented business shall be established, operated or caused to be operated, in any zoning district other than a C-3 or I-1 district or as a conditional use in an I-2 zoning district, as defined in this Code.
(b) No sexually oriented business shall be established, operated or caused to be operated, within 500 feet of:
(1) A church or other building primarily used for religious services or associated church structure such as a parish or fellowship hall;
(2) A property line of a lot devoted to a residential use, either single or multiple family;
(3) A park or recreational trail;
(4) A hospital;
(5) Community recreation center;
(6) Public library,
(7) Facility for youth service such as youth center, boys or girls club, scout, 4-H or other youth program meeting building.
(c) No sexually oriented business shall be established, operated or caused to be operated, within 1,000 feet of a daycare facility or a public or private educational facility including but not limited to nursery schools, preschools, elementary schools, middle schools, high schools, special education schools and community colleges. School includes the school grounds and playgrounds.
(d) For the purposes of Section 27-405(b) and (c), measurement shall be made in a straight line, without regard to intervening structures or objects, from the nearest portion of the building or structure used as a part of the premises where a sexually oriented business is conducted, to the nearest property line of the premises of a use listed in Section 27-405(b) and (c). The presence of any political subdivision boundary shall be irrelevant for purposes of calculating and applying the distance requirements of this section.
Source: Ord. No. 5727, § 5, 04-19-2021;