Sec. 27-92. Permitted uses - District R-1.
In District R-1, no building, structure, land, or premises shall be used, and no building or structure shall be hereafter erected, constructed, reconstructed, moved, or altered as a permitted use, except for one or more of the following or as provided for in Sec. 27-601:
(1) Single-family residential (detached).
(2) Manufactured home dwellings.
(3) Accessory dwelling units, as per Sec. 27-287(b).
(4) Religious assemblies.
(5) Community buildings, public museums and public libraries.
(6) Publicly owned parks and playgrounds, including public recreation or service buildings within such parks, public administrative buildings and police and fire stations.
(7) Schools and private schools.
(8) Railroad rights-of-way not including railroad yards or buildings.
(9) Home occupations.
(10) Accessory buildings with a combined floor area less than the greater of 8% of the total lot area or 864 square feet, provided that the total square footage of all accessory buildings on a single lot shall not exceed 2,000 square feet. The accessory building shall not be utilized for any non-residential use unless said use is a permitted use within the district.
(11) Soil extraction for public road purposes when meeting the requirements set forth in Section 27-293.
Source: Ord. No. 4603, § 1, 9-16-02; Ord. 4679, § 4, 8-18-03; Ord. No. 5444, § 8, 12-19-16; Ord. No. 5799, § 5, 9-6-22;