The City of Norfolk Solid Waste Division is hosting a Scrap Tire Collection Day funded by a grant from the Nebraska Department of Environment and Energy.
On August 11, 2021 at the Madison County Fair Grounds at 7:00 a.m. the Solid Waste Division will begin accepting tires until the 500 ton mark is reached, no exceptions. Access to the collection site must be from west Hwy 32/W 3rd, north on Fair Grounds Road; signs will be posted.
Eligibility requirements to participate:
· Madison County resident
· Madison County driver’s license (must show prior to entry)
· Madison County license plates
· No tires from dealers or repair shops
· No rims or other material on tires, e.g. concrete, steel, wood, etc.
· Owners unload their own vehicles (bring help if you need it to avoid delays)
· 75 tires/per customer
For more information please visit www.norfolkne.gov/government/departments/solid-waste-division. If further information is needed please call the Solid Waste Division at (402) 844-2230.
Sponsored by the City of Norfolk, Madison County Fair Board, Madison County Highway Department, and City of Madison, with support from the Madison County Sheriff Department, City of Madison Police, and Madison Fire and Rescue.