Mill and overlay work has been completed on a number of City streets. Work kicked off in September and Norfolkans will notice the improvements traveling throughout town.
Work was completed on:
• Norfolk Avenue from Cottonwood Street to east of flood control
• North 1st Street from Benjamin Ave to flood control
• Norfolk Avenue east of 27th Street
• 37th Street from US Hwy 275 to City limits
• Hwy 81 both ways from Hwy 275
• Hwy 81 & Pasewalk Ave
• Michigan Avenue from 13th Street to Glenn
• Norfolk Avenue from 7th Street to 1st Street
• 7th Street from Madison Avenue to Prospect Avenue
Remaining pavement markings and parking stripes through downtown will be completed by the City Street Department as the temperature allows.
The City of Norfolk wants to thank all citizens for their patience and driving safe through the work zones. More work in planned for the future and information will be released at a later date.
If there are any questions, please call the City of Norfolk Engineering Office at 402-844-2020.