Norfolk Skate Park
Norfolk Skatepark (formerly Miracle Skatepark), located at 901 Blaine Street in the southeast part of Veterans Memorial Park, is currently in the process of being rebuilt. Park renovations include; concrete construction - which is longer lasting and quieter than wood, ADA accessible, ADA restrooms, drinking fountains and bleachers. The proposed design concept below includes a pump track that could be added at a later time if funding is found for the project.
- The design process began in May, 2019
- First design workshop was held for the Miracle Skatepark design on June 27, 2019
- New bathrooms were installed and opened in August 2019
- Second design workshop held for the Miracle Skatepark design was held on September 12, 2019
- A Notice to Contractors for Miracle Skatepark Improvements was posted on December 16, 2019
- A Bid letting was held on January 10, 2020 at 2:00 p.m.
- Construction is anticipated to begin in spring 2020.
- Construction completed summer 2020.
Project Documents and Images:
Contact for Further Information:
Parks and Recreation Director