Transfer Station Improvements
The Norfolk Transfer Station Improvements project includes the following:
- Construction of a new scale house and maintenance shop/office at the Norfolk Transfer Station.
- Site improvements including new concrete drives, yard waste drop-off location, fencing, trailer parking, employee/visitor parking, inbound and outbound scales, new utilities, and drainage improvements.
- Interior work consists of maintenance bays, wash bay, staff spaces, mechanical closet, IT closet, and restrooms.
- The work is anticipated to be in stages such that operations continue throughout construction of the new site improvements. This includes full operation of the new scales and scale house prior to demolition of the existing scale house.
- Design - 2019/2021
- Advertise for Bids - April 2021
- Construction - Fall 2021 - 2022
The Norfolk Transfer Station Improvements are funded from user fees.
Project Documents and Images:
Contact for Further Information:
Solid Waste Supervisor