April is proclaimed as Fair Housing Month.
The Norfolk Housing Agency provides current listings of available rentals, to include specific units that assist persons with disabilities. Voucher briefings by the Housing Agency inform the clients of their rights and how to file a discrimination complaint. The forms are provided to each client. In addition, the Norfolk Housing Agency staff members host and attend the Northeast Nebraska Fair Housing Conference annually. To be added to our mailing list for registration information for this event, please contact 402-844-2080 or email Julie at .
Fair Housing Enforcement and Education Resources:
- Fair Housing Center of Nebraska-Iowa - File an administrative complaint for alleged discriminatory acts
- HUD - Enforcement role in Fair Housing Act: Learn Fair Housing Laws and Presidential Executive Orders
- Legal Aid of Nebraska - Provides free civil legal services for low income people
- Nebraska Equal Opportunity Commission - Authorized to enforce Fair Housing Act Statutes
- Nebraska State Bar Association - Landlord Tenant Law
- The United States Department of Justice- Fair Housing Act
- National Fair Housing Alliance - Works to eliminate housing discrimination and to ensure equal housing opportunities
- Landlord and Tenant Act