Owner Rehab Program
The Homeowner Rehabilitation Program has been in operation for many years and has been funded by the Community Development Block Grand (CDBG) or HOME fund grants awarded by the Nebraska Department of Economic Development. Currently, the Housing Development Division assists homeowners in the repair of homes owned by low income families living in Norfolk, or within city limits of Norfolk.
Requirements of the homeowners for this program include but are not limited to:
- Having total household income at or below 80% of median income for Madison County Nebraska.
- Property must be within city limits of the City of Norfolk.
- Financial net worth (less value of the home) must not exceed $100,000.
- Maximum loan or grant amount may not exceed $25,000.
- Repairs must be for safety and health issues first, then other repair items may be considered.
- Repayment of loan will be made over 5 years, or 60 payments.
- Repayment amounts are based on income.
This has been an excellent program providing many families with a safe and healthy living environment, and improving the neighborhood and the values of area properties. This program cannot be used with manufactured or mobile homes.
Housing staff are taking names for the Owner Rehab Program (Low-income homeowner housing grants). For more information, please contact Brandon Gascoigne at 402-844-2080 or email . To be added to the waiting list, please print and complete the interest sheet: OOR Interest Sheet.