The library is taking steps to reopen the facility to the public. Please see below for details and call us at 402-844-2100 with any questions.
June 15 - Limited Reopening of the Library Building
- The library building will reopen for checking out materials, using the computer lab, copying, scanning, and faxing services.
- The drive thru window and pickup lockers will continue to be available for anyone not wishing to come inside the building at this time.
- Drive Thru Hours will be Monday-Thursday 10-6 and Friday 10-5.
- Patrons may call ahead and request items to be held for them at the window or in a pick up locker.
- The Study Rooms, Meeting Rooms, MakerSpace, Microfilm machines, lounge areas, and the Children’s Imagination Forest will not be available at this time.
- There will be restrictions and safety measures in place to limit any congregating within the library building.
- There will be a 30 minute time limit on each visit.
- It is recommended that one person per household visit at a time.
- Any children under the age of 14 must be accompanied by an adult. These children must be under direct adult supervision, meaning within an arm's length of the responsible adult, at all times.
- Building Hours:
- Open for Senior Citizens and other high-risk populations Monday-Friday from 10am-11am.
- Open for the General Public Monday-Thursday 11-6 and Friday 11-5.
- Library staff will remain available by phone Monday-Thursday 9am-8pm, Friday-Saturday 9am-5pm, and Sunday 1:30-4:30pm.
All items that were due after the library building closed on March 16 had their due dates extended to June 15. Starting June 15, regular checkout periods, due dates, and overdue fees will resume.
Plans are being made now for the next phase of reopening, which will occur July 6.