Any Nebraska author with new works, traditionally published or self-published, in the last five years. Authors from nearby locations in South Dakota and Iowa will be considered as well.
Saturday, April 29, 2023 from 9:00 am - 1:00 pm
Norfolk Public Library, 308 W. Prospect Ave., Norfolk, NE 68701
The library will provide:
· One table and two chairs per author. Tables are 24” x 60”.
· Public Wi-Fi and connection to electrical power.
· Publicity for the event.
· Arrive as early as 8:00am to set up your table and be ready for the public opening at 9:00am.
· Bring your own books and merchandise to sell and any help or supplies needed to make those sales.
· Bring a tablecloth, signage or any other items desired to decorate the table.
· Tear down displays and have all booth items removed from the room between 1:00pm-2:00pm.
· In lieu of a vendor fee, please provide one copy of one of your works to be added to the library collection and/or used for promotional purposes.
Based on the number of applications received, the library may select a representative sample of different types of work and authors from a variety of locations. Only 20 authors will be selected.
Apply now! Applications will be accepted until Tuesday, February 28.
Brief Schedule for the day:
9am – 1pm: Author booths and Book Swap
10am – 1pm: 10-12 minute Author Readings
1-2:30: Writing Workshop with Alex Kava
1-3: Craft opportunities, lunch options, and other independent activities
3-4: Special Presentation with Alex Kava followed by book sales and autographs
More details on the day's events will be coming soon!
Questions? Contact Jessica Chamberlain at 402-844-2100 or