The Parks & Recreation Division will offer 100% reimbursement (up to $100), to homeowners within City limits, for the purchase of trees that are planted in “approved” locations in or near the terrace (up to 12 feet from back of curb).
To receive your reimbursement:
1. Mark you tree location.
2. Call the Parks & Recreation office at (402) 844-2250 to schedule a time for the arborist to review your location.
3. Select your tree species from the City's Tree Consideration List. (Tree lists are also available at local vendors.)
4. Purchase your tree from a local nursery.
5. Locate your utilities prior to digging. Diggers Hotline 811.
6. Plant your tree.
7. Bring your receipt to the Parks & Recreation office (309 N 5th Street) for reimbursement*.
*Allow four (4) to six (6) weeks for reimbursement.
Limit of (2) trees per property/year
The program is limited to 50 trees per year on a first come, first served basis. So get your tree today!
For more information call the Parks & Recreation Office at (402) 844-2250 or email us at .