Mayor and City Council
The City of Norfolk has the Mayor-Council form of government. The Mayor is elected at large by popular vote of the people for a four-year term. The City of Norfolk is divided into four wards, each ward represented by two council members making a total of eight council members. Every two years four of the council seats are open for election (one seat in each ward). The Council member must be an elector in the City and reside in the ward from which he or she is elected. The Mayor and eight council members are elected on a non-partisan ballot.
The Norfolk City Council meets at 5:30 p.m. on the first and third Mondays of each month in the City Council Chambers, 309 N 5th Street Norfolk, Nebraska.
The mission of the City of Norfolk, Nebraska is to provide quality public services.
Norfolk is a community of strength that takes pride in being a clean, safe, friendly, prosperous, united city with modern municipal facilities. Norfolk is a healthy community with state of the art medical facilities, abundant water resources and environmentally friendly practices. Norfolk is a vibrant growing community offering shovel-ready industrial sites, a network of transportation corridors, abundant low cost utilities, diverse education opportunities and quality workforce. Norfolk is an OASIS of recreational, entertainment and cultural opportunities.
Josh Moenning, Mayor
Kory Hildebrand, Ward 1
Corey Granquist, Ward 1
Shane Clausen, Ward 2
Frank Arens, Ward 2
Justin Snorton, Ward 3
Justin Webb, Ward 3
Andrew McCarthy, Ward 4
Thad Murren, Ward 4
Any correspondence, including e-mail, may be subject to public disclosure.
City Code Section 2-21.1 defines the following City Council Subcommittees.
- Public Services, Traffic and Infrastructure -- Street Maintenance, Water/Wastewater, Transfer Station and Solid Waste, Traffic and Parking.
City Council representatives -- Kory Hildebrand, Frank Arens, Justin Webb and Thad Murren
- Public Health and Safety, Emergency Services -- Public Safety, Code Enforcement/Property Maintenance, Emergency Management and Flood Control.
City Council representatives -- Justin Snorton, Corey Granquist and Andrew McCarthy
- Community and Economic Development -- Planning/Zoning, Building Services, Economic Development.
City Council representatives -- Shane Clausen, Thad Murren, Corey Granquist and Frank Arens
- Culture and Recreation -- Parks/Forestry, Recreation, Sports Complex, Library Services.
City Council representatives -- Kory Hildebrand, Justin Webb and Justin Snorton
- Policies and Procedures -- Items of general concern, such as risk management, insurance, personnel and legal issues.
City Council representatives -- Shane Clausen, Andrew McCarthy, Corey Granquist and Justin Snorton
Here are lists of previous Mayors and elected officials by ward (Ward 1, Ward 2, Ward 3, and Ward 4).