Landlords/Property Owners interested in working with the Housing Choice Voucher (formerly known as Section 8 Voucher) program can contact Norfolk Housing Agency to talk about the benefits of accepting vouchers at their properties.
Housing Choice Voucher Program (formerly known as Section 8) Norfolk Housing Agency
110 N. 4th Street * Norfolk NE 68701
The Norfolk Housing Agency is a Division of the City of Norfolk, and reports to a
7-member board made up of various citizens of the community of Norfolk.
The Housing Agency provides rental assistance to Over 250 families, elderly and disabled persons in the community
Why do you want to be a landlord in the Housing Choice Voucher program?
(1) Rental assistance payments are paid on a timely basis.
Your rent check for our portion of assistance will arrive on the First of every month (June rent is paid on June 1st, etc.),
(2) While it is your responsibility to screen the tenant you select, we do complete some screening to ensure eligibility for our program based on criminal history and prior tenancy. As in the case of any other tenant you would rent to, it is still your responsibility to do credit, criminal, or any other reference checks you normally conduct.
(3) You may deny any prospective tenant (within the law) who does not pass the credit, criminal or reference checks that you contact.
(4) The Housing Agency performs annual housing inspections to ensure the home is safe, decent and sanitary. Items needing correction by the landlord are the responsibility of the landlord; those of the tenant are the responsibility of the tenant.
(5) Landlord/tenant disputes that cannot be resolved between the tenant and landlord can, on occasion, be mediated by the Housing Agency.