An Embroidery Machine uses thread to create patterns and designs on textiles. This machine is an embroidery and sewing machine with built-in stitches, designs, and fonts. Users can download existing design files or make their own designs to create custom projects. Designs can be created on the Embroidery Machine's touch screen or by using the Pallette 11 embroidery design software on the Design Computer. Projects can range from monogramming towels, to customizing baby blankets, and much more.
Users of the Embroidery Machine must be 18 years old and complete the certification course in order to use it without supervision. Users ages 12-17 may use the Embroidery Machine after completing the certification course, but must be supervised by an adult who has also completed the certification course. See the MakerSpace Policy for all the rules governing the use of the MakerSpace equipment. The certification course includes a video class, an online test, and an in-person safety orientation. See below to start the process!
- First, watch the Embroidery Machine Video Class [30 mins]
- Second, take the Embroidery Machine Online Test
- Finally, make an appointment for your in-person safety orientation
- You will be required to sign a Use and Release Agreement during your safety orientation.
- You must have an active library card in order for your certification to be complete. If you do not already have a library card, you may sign up for one at the time of your safety orientation. Please bring a photo ID and proof of your current residential address. See our Library Card Policy for acceptable documents.
Once your certification is complete:
- Make reservations for the Embroidery Machine at https://norfolk-ne.libcal.com/reserve/makerspace.
- There is no cost to use the Embroidery Machine.
- Users should bring their own thread, fabric, stabilizer, and sewing tools.
- Need a refresher tutorial or additional help? Schedule an appointment with a MakerSpace Instructor.
- Brand: Baby Lock Verve
- Speed: 400 stitches per minute
- Maximum Embroidery Field: 4" x 4"
- LCD touch screen
- 191 built-in stitches, 95 built-in embroidery designs, 11 built-in fonts
Other Resources and Helpful Info
- Baby Lock Verve Instruction Manual
- Baby Lock Verve Demo and Review from SewItOnline [29 mins]
- Transferring Embroidery Designs to your Baby Lock Verve [3 mins]
- How to Wind the Bobbin [3 mins]
- Embroidering on a Baby Onesie [3 mins]
- Palette 11 Beginner Class [12 mins]
The Embroidery Machine was donated by AtoZ Vac N Sew, who also continues to provide help and service on the machine. We are grateful for their support!