An Button Maker uses a hand press, metal, and plastic to create buttons that can be made into pins, magnets, keychains and more. Users can use photos, printed paper, or artwork to create custom projects. A Circle Paper Punch is provided to help users cut their image or artwork to the proper size.
There is no certification class necessary to use the Button Maker. Instructions are provided in the MakerSpace and tutorials are provided below.
Any user under age 16 must be supervised by a responsible party at least 18 years old.
Important Information on using the Button Maker
- Make reservations for the Button Maker at https://norfolk-ne.libcal.com/reserve/makerspace.
- There is no cost to use the Button Maker.
- Users can purchase packets to make 5 pin-back buttons or 5 magnet-back buttons at the Service Desk for $1 or may order supplies from the company here. If ordering your own supplies, please be sure to purchase supplies that are for a 2.25" machine.
- Brand: American Button Maker
- Size: Makes 2.25" Buttons
Other Resources and Helpful Info
- Pin-Back Button Instructions
- Magnet-Back Button Instructions
- How to Make a Pin-Back Button video [3 mins]
- How to Make a Magnet-Back Button video [2 mins]
The Button Maker was purchased with funds from the City of Norfolk and is supported in part by the Institute of Museum and Library Services under the provisions of the Library Services and Technology Act as administered by the Nebraska Library Commission.