Cricut Vinyl & Fabric Cutter
The Cricut Vinyl and Fabric Cutter is a cutting machine that uses software to create and import designs to cut. A wide variety of materials can be cut, from delicate fabrics to denser materials like balsa wood, matboard, plastic, and leather. It can simplify sewing projects by automatically cutting and marking fabric. Projects can range from cutting out patterns, to making paper crafts, to designing custom vinyl wall decor, and much more.
Users of the Cricut Vinyl and Fabric Cutter must be 18 years old and complete the certification course in order to use it without supervision. Users ages 12-17 may use the Cricut Vinyl and Fabric Cutter after completing the certification course, but must be supervised by an adult who has also completed the certification course. The certification course includes a video class, an online test, and an in-person safety orientation. See below to start the process!
- First, watch the Cricut Vinyl and Fabric Cutter Video Class
- Second, take the Cricut Vinyl and Fabric Cutter Online Test
- Finally, schedule your in-person safety orientation
Once your certification is complete:
- Make reservations for the Cricut Vinyl and Fabric Cutter at https://norfolk-ne.libcal.com/reserve/makerspace.
- There is no cost to use the Cricut.
- Users should bring their own materials to use in the Cricut. Specialized paper and products can be found at Walmart, Target, Hobby Lobby, and other retail stores.
- Brand: Cricut Maker
- Accessories included: Rotary Blade, Premium Fine Point Blade, Fine Point Pen, FabricGrip Mat 12x12 in., LightGrip Mat 12x12 in., and Cricut Tool Kit (Spatula, Scraper, Scissors, Sharp Hook Tool and Needle Point Tweezers)
Other Resources and Helpful Info
The Cricut Vinyl and Fabric Cutter was purchased with funds from the City of Norfolk and is supported in part by the Institute of Museum and Library Services under the provisions of the Library Services and Technology Act as administered by the Nebraska Library Commission.