Embrace park is an all-inclusive playground, the first in the community and one of few in the area, which includes the grading and seeding of a soccer/multipurpose field, as well as an additional parking lot north of the park. A concrete splash pad is also located south of the new field.
- The design process began in March 2017
- A Request for Proposals Notice was posted on September 5, 2017
- The bid tabulation was available on September 21, 2017
- A contract was awarded to Elkhorn Paving Company on October 2, 2017
- Construction on the playground began in March 2018
- A grand opening and ribbon cutting ceremony was held on July 12, 2018
- Restrooms were completed in the fall of 2019
The land that Embrace Park sits on was purchased with a federal grant administered by the Nebraska Game and Parks Commission. The City received generous grant funds from the Norfolk Area Community Foundation Fund and from the Lower Elkhorn Natural Resources District as well as funds raised by volunteers for the playground and splash pad.
Project Documents and Images:
Contact for Further Information:
Parks and Recreation Director