Northeast Water Tower
This project is located northeast of Norfolk and consists of construction of a 750,000 gallon elevated steel water storage tank and improvements at the northeast booster station including the installation of a 100 Hp booster pump, bypass line, valves, piping, fittings, electrical, painting, and all other work associated with the northeast booster station.
- Invitation for Bids was published on September 12, 19, and 26, 2019.
- Bids for the project were opened on October 10, 2019.
- City Council awarded construction of the Northeast Industrial Elevated Water Tank Alternate Bid Section "A" to Gerard Tank & Steel Inc. and construction of the Northeast Industrial Booster Station Improvements Bid Section "B" was awarded to Rutjens Construction, Inc. October 21, 2019
- Gerard Tank & Steel began site clearing in March, 2020 followed by tank over-excavation, structural backfill, grading, and foundation work.
- Tank erection is taking place during the summer with painting occurring during fall of 2020.
- Rutjens Construction anticipated pump delivery onsite around April 1, 2020.
- Piping and electrical work will take place as weather permits.
- The entire project is scheduled to be complete by November 1, 2020.
Project Documents and Images:
Contact for Further Information:
Public Works Director/City Engineer